Customer Coronavirus Information
We are delighted to be able to welcome all of our customers back to us here at The George.
The safety of our guests and team is paramount, therefore we have carried out a full coronavirus risk assessment, in line with the latest government advice, of all areas of the premises and have implemented a number of changes to ensure everyone remains safe.
Social distancing, increased cleaning of all areas and regular hand washing will be at the heart of our plans to combat the spread of the virus, and a number of changes that we have implemented to our procedures to help meet this aim are outlined below:
• Upon arrival, you will be asked to confirm your contact details, that you are in good health, and to the best of your knowledge, you haven’t been in contact with anyone displaying coronavirus symptoms in the last 14 days.
• Payment via debit/credit card will be required upon check in, with receipts provided via email upon request. Contactless payment is preferred for all items that you purchase during your stay.
• Where possible, a minimum of 24 hours will be allowed between each room use, with all rooms being thoroughly cleaned and sanitised between guests.
• We have implemented a one-way system in certain areas of the premises, with floor markings and signage requesting that people keep 2m apart where possible.
• Regular hand washing for at least 20 seconds is actively encouraged, with hand sanitising stations available at both entrances and outside the toilets.
• A limited menu is available for food, by reservation only, for a maximum of 6 people per table with no mixing of households permitted. Breakfast is served 8-9.30am daily, Lunch Mon-Sat 12-1.30pm & Sun 12-7pm, and Dinner Mon-Sat 5-8pm. All tables are cleaned thoroughly between use and are positioned at least 1m apart, they are set up as required, with condiments and menus cleaned and sanitised between use to help reduce contact points.
• All non-essential items have been removed from the bedrooms, such as: extra pillows; cushions and throws. Some of these items can be provided upon request.
• Bedrooms will not be routinely serviced during your stay. Should you require your room servicing or any additional items providing please contact reception before 10am each day.
• The Bar will be open from 11am to 10pm Monday to Sunday, with alcohol only available as part of a substantial meal and there is no mixing of households allowed inside the building. Contactless payment is preferred, customer details are taken to assist with track and trace, and it is table service only.
• Check in will be from 2pm onwards and you are asked to vacate your room by 11am on the day of your departure.
• During your stay reception can be contacted by: dialling 0 from the telephone in your room; our main number 01347 821698; or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
• The main building is open between the hours of 7am and 10pm Monday to Sunday. If you are staying in the main building and intend to be out outside of these hours, please speak to a member of the team before you go to obtain the front door code and remember to take your bedroom key with you.
• All of our team members: have received additional training in coronavirus awareness; safe working methods; are temperature checked before starting work; and know what action to take if they or members of their household start to display symptoms.
• The wearing of face coverings is now mandatory in all communal areas of the hotel, but please be prepared to remove them for identification purposes if asked to do so by a police officer or staff member.
We hope you enjoy your stay with us here at The George and please don’t hesitate to contact a member of the team if you require any further information or assistance.